- Acne is a multi-dimensional condition which largely affects adolescents anywhere from 13 upward to about 25 and about 20% of all cases of acne will arise in adulthood.
Acne can occur on the face, neck, chest, back and shoulders. Hormones can trigger a bout of acne, and is more likely to happen if the parents had acne when they were younger.
The sebum becomes thickened and waxy which creates blockages in the hair follicle, creating blackheads, whiteheads and closed comedomes. The bacteria builds up in the follicles and generates inflammation, redness in the skin, cysts and nodules under the skin which can leave scars.
It takes time for the skin to change.
We can help with the management of the acne, utilising a multi technology, treatment, paramedical skin care and gut health formulations to get you back to skin health. A comprehensive skin consultation will be your first step in getting you on the right path.
- Rosacea typically begins any time after age 30, as a redness or flushing on the nose and cheeks, chin and forehead. The primary signs of rosacea are flushing, persistent redness, bumps and pustules and visible blood vessels. There is no cure.
If you address it quickly, we can help manage the condition and treat the symptoms with a combination of technologies, treatments and paramedical skin care and gut health formulations.
- Facial vessels, if left, can become worse over time. If treated early, can be reduced using the Cutera ExcelHR Laser and maintained with treatment options and paramedical skin care.
- With the harsh Australian sun and intolerant skins to the UVA and UVB exposure, we often experience accelerated ageing on our hands and face first as that is the areas where most of the UV exposure has been present. As we age our skins natural hydration levels deplete and collagen and elastin drop. We aim to give your skin that bounce and hydration back. We have many technologies and treatments that work in conjunction with our paramedical skin care range to give you the best possible outcome for the long term health of your skin.
- Whether you are showing the signs of a life lived in the sun, or someone who is looking to prevent them, we can help you to iron out the unwanted fine lines and wrinkles with a selection of non-invasive treatments, technologies, gut health formulations and paramedical skin care.
- If you are suffering from inflammatory (sun induced) or non-inflammatory pigment (hormonal – melasma) there are some treatments available that will allow us to help you manage your pigmentation and help you achieve your skin goals. The first step will be a comprehensive skin consultation to determine what the best course of action will be.
- Psoriasis is an inflammatory, auto immune disorder that can cause mild to severe plaque build up on the skin. While there is no cure for Psoriasis, we can help manage this condition with the Healite II. Which is a medical LED device. It helps to speed up the recovery rate of the body and turn down the inflammatory responses.
- Whether it be acne scars, surgical scars or stretch marks, there are options to help minimise those unwanted scars. A comprehensive skin consultation will be required to decide the correct course of action to help your concerns.
- Many of us suffer from large pores and is mostly common in an oily skin. We have a range of technologies, treatments and paramedical skin care to help refine the skin.
Shop 4/26 James Street
Phone 08 8725 9368
Owner and paramedical skin technician, Mardi Goodes.